Tuesday, October 6, 2009

No Pain - No Gain

God always shows up and He started early this morning. I had coffee with one of my 'church ladies.' It was a wonderful...get-to-know-you coffee at Starbucks. (I had pumpkin-spice latte non-fat...by the way...yummy) Anyway...the upswing about being in pain is that you are NOT alone. Everyone has pain, issues, wounds, disappointments, stress and we hadn't even got to husbands and children yet! It is impossible to breathe and not experience one of the emotions I listed above. We all need encouragement, we all need a listening ear, a kind word, a geniune smile and we all need prayer. I urge all of you to seek out people who need a hug from someone who really cares that they hurt. My friend has reached out to me as I have traveled this painful road...and I hope that I have heard her heart.

That's what women do...we share our hearts, our lives, and our time....just NOT our food or men.
We draw the line at food and men...Oh, and chocolate....Never, Never chocolate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took Luke for a Orthodontist appt. today...just an evaluation at Lori's office. I LOVE all the girls she works with...Holley, Vicki, Devie...all great gals. They came and supported me and Lori at the funeral home and I was touched to the core. Luke loved going cuz he thinks he's special because he knows all the front office ladies! In fact, while in conference he told one of the ladies that he'd heard we were getting the 'family discount'.....I about flipped out! Another horrified, put my head in a brown bag moment. Do they ever end???

I repeat....DO THEY EVER END???

I didn't think so....

I need a new brown bag...or plastic...maybe I just need to go to plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment