Monday, October 5, 2009

Work for Cruise!

Busy weekend. My friend Jill Johnson, a Campus Crusade Missionary, came to visit me for a few days. She loved Whitney and was unable to come to the funeral due to a Colorado trip so she came now. Loved having her...it was a treat...not only for me but for Tony, Joel & Luke!

I'm waiting to hear about my new part-time job! I had been praying for something to come along that would distract me...especially during the winter. A great store in Acworth called Cote Soleil sells home furniture and accessories. Tracey, the owner needs a little extra help and asked if I would be interested....

"Absolutely!" I said.

Tony said..."Wonderful, but only if you want to."

Luke said..."Finally... we'll have money to take a Disney Cruise!"

Joel said nothing....he just laughed.

I just LOVE manly support.

And, I love retail. I love customers...I love arranging things...I love possible discounts...it's just in my blood. Plus, my little friend Kim works there to. Yup, we will all be partners in retail crime.

I hinted that my mother-in-law (Clara) would be thrilled that I have a job. She always loves it when I have a job. She loves to make money and wants me to also. Her other daughter-in-law, Sandy has always done well in this area...BUT, I have not had steady work in 9 years. So, therefore, I don't get many kudos from her. However, I can't wait to tell her I'm working in a store...she'll LOVE it and she might love me a little bit more. I just won't tell her it's only 2 or 3 days a week. This will be our little secret...no since spoiling the moment.

Yes sir...with 2 or 3 days a week, I should single-handily pay-off our home and book a Disney Cruise...

I'll let y'all know when we're leaving, maybe if I work steady for 5 years...I should have enough to take that cruise...but by then Luke will be a teenager. Oh well...

By the way...I am in-love with this devo book called Streams in the Desert by L.B. Cowman (author is a woman)...it is awesome and so ministering to my soul. I highly recommend this for your daily worship.

Oh, and one more thing...I was in a store today admiring (but not buying) a Christmas ornament that was $50 (crazy, huh) and the guy explained that these were from Italy and he hand-picked them out himself. He suggested they would be great for an "ornament exchange party." I laughed (really loud) and said, "No, I don't give those kind of ornaments for parties." This "older" woman came up from behind and said to me, "Well, this is something you would buy for your grandchild...right?"

This use to offend me, however, I could have grandchildren...I just happen to NOT have them now. I'll start my diet again tomorrow....I know it was my jiggly neck that threw her!

No comments:

Post a Comment