Friday, October 2, 2009

Oops! I've been digging around in my home...so consumed with purging that I fall asleep before I blog at night...I'm sure that's NOT my age!

I wanted to share with everyone what 'heart thing' happened to be the other day. It was an especially blue day and I was trying to pray through it...you know..."God, I need an uplift cuz I'm sinking..." kind of prayer. Well, when I got to Luke's school his kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Nelson who is absolutely adorable and only 31 years old, handed Luke a present to share with me. She so wanted me to know how much she loved us and how sorry she was for our loss. After hugs and a tear or two, I drove off. At a stop sign I opened the bag and it was a devo book called..."Streams in the Desert" by L.B. Cowman. The first page I turned to was the scripture, Jeremiah 29:11...For I know the plans I have for you...which was Whitney's favorite verse! Then the bookmark fell out that she bought and it had beautiful Black-Eyed Susan's on it...my all-time favorite flower, just slightly above the Hydrangea. This really lifted my spirits.

But, God was NOT THROUGH! When I got home I pulled close to the mailbox and retrieved the mail. I had a note from June Brown who is this precious woman that was my neighbor growing up. She has sent me several notes letting me know I'm on her heart. Well this note was about her garden. June is a very avid and talented gardener...her backyard is amazing! In her note, she stated that the Lord had laid on her heart to plant memory gardens when someone she knows/loves dies. She planted a flower garden in memory of Whitney! She thought I'd like to come by before frost...while the flowers are still pretty. She plants so that when she works in her garden she remembers to pray for the family. Okay...after Mrs. Nelson (or rather Heather) and then June...I was UPLIFTED and cried tears of knowing that we were loved.

I really like it when God acts so quickly! It's too bad he doesn't always act so fast on each request...but I guess that's why He is God.

P.s....I have a J.O.B....my mother-in-law will be soooo happy! That's for another blog. It's just part-time and in a really cool store. I'm thrilled! I will tell you about it later.

Many blessings....Lisa



No comments:

Post a Comment