Saturday, September 26, 2009

Beauty in Each Moment

What did God show me today?

As I watched my sis-in-law, Judy, be surprised at her 60Th b'day tonight...I witnessed beauty. Pure joy, pure happiness...these are moments to treasure. Life is good for her in this season...but has it always been? NO. She's dealt with loss, double mastectomies, pain, and grief. She's just like you and me, and I love her.

My eyes sweep across the room, such lovely people attend the party. But, I find myself seeking what I cannot see. Pain in people's lives is not always apparent, but it's there.

I have another sis-in-law, Sandy, who is stunningly beautiful...but she doesn't see it. God gave her an incredibly smart mind, beauty and stamina to accomplish so much. I want her to know her value in Christ...just like I want to know mine.

I think we all struggle with this at different times of our lives. To find the beauty and value in each moment of our lives.

Loss has definitely helped me. I purposely seek out the moments of beauty because I know how fleeting our lives can be.

There is beauty and talent in every person...we just need to know that our value is in Christ and He will steer us towards accomplishing our purpose if we will just let Him.

Whitney's purpose was children. She loved and adored them and they loved her. She was uniquely gifted in this area. She fulfilled her purpose and God led her home. I find a lot of comfort in knowing she completed her task and God will say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment