Friday, September 25, 2009

Went to Costco today. Whitney LOVED Costco. Don't really know why, maybe she was like me and would 'snack' her way through as you meander down each aisle, or maybe it's just plain fun to see all the goodies. Personally, I like both reasons and probably Whitney did to. After all, she was my daughter...

I don't always say what I'm feeling to Tony, but he always knows. It NEVER fails...like today we tried a new restaurant(to us)in Acworth called 'Red Peppers' a Cuban-owned restaurant that was recommended to us. Food and service was great. But, after a few moments of sitting across each other, we both tear-up, we both remember, and we've never said a word. We don't have to...pain doesn't have to speak it's just there.

Tonight, Tony and I were watching 20/20 on TV...in our usual position of me lying on the sofa and he's kicked back in the recliner. The show was about two beautiful girls murdered along with two guy friends. Tragic, brutal, heart-wrenching and I was about to turn it when the TV host said they had died on July 18Th. We just looked at each other again...and for some reason we needed to watch the show in its entirety. Whitney died July 18Th...I guess we felt a common thread with those parents who lost their children on the same day, just different year.

I'm not going to try and figure out the WHY I/We do, say, feel, because I believe it's just our way of coping for this season of time in our lives.

But, I am so blessed to have a husband that shares my pain...for two shall become one.

No comments:

Post a Comment