Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hocus - Focus - Firsts

I CAN'T FOCUS! What is WRONG with me??? I truly cannot seem to remember squat! (remember squat is apparently a southern term that I've always said but does not make sense...)Oh well...

I'm suppose to be gathering decorations for my sis-in-law's surprise 60th party, I just remembered that today. The party is Saturday. I went today to Hobby Lobby to pick up a couple of things and I "saw" the last couple of items that I had bought Whitney for her house. It's amazing how you can shop with tears swimming in your eyes. I quickly shopped and left. Too much emotion.

Thank the Good Lord I have Kim (Stokes) to call for last minute, (because I forgot) presents she can stitch. She always has great gift ideas...it's awesome to have talented friends who make allowances for their non-focused friends.

One thing I've noticed lately is Christmas is on its way...in the stores that is. I'm showing my age because it overwhelms and saddens me to walk in and it immediately starts my dread for the holidays. Everyone who knows me....knows how I LOVE decorating and entertaining during the fall/winter season. This rest of this year is 3 months of 'firsts'. First birthday, first Thanksgiving, first Christmas...without Whitney.

But life is all about firsts isn't it? Your first steps, first words, first bra, first love, first heartbreak, first child....

God is ALL about "Firsts"...We love because He 'first' loved us... I John 4:19
II Corinthians 8:5...they gave themselves to the Lord 'first'....
Genesis 1:5...and there was evening and there was morning--the 'first' day.
I think in grief that there will always be 'first' days. Everyday is your 'first' day without your child. Everyday is first because it will be different.

God has already experienced all of our 'firsts' so I suspect He KNOWS exactly how I feel.

Thanks for reading...Lisa







No comments:

Post a Comment