Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Purging...Heart and Home

With the loss of my daughter has come the overwhelming urge to rid myself and my family of "things." I look around my home and I just see stuff. It serves no purpose or adds very little to our lives. I feel very hindered by it all...almost to the point that it increases my sadness. It may be because we emptied Whitney's house into ours and bit by bit I've picked up, looked at, pondered over it, and teared-up over most of her stuff. Deciding what to keep and what to let go of has at times been a tad bit gut-wrenching. But, today I went at the last few stacks of pictures lying in the floor of our guest room. I was pushing through so that we can put back up the guest bed for my dear friend, Jill who is visiting from Orlando over the weekend.

God has really laid on my heart to be free...not to be weighed down by material things, or even situations that I cannot change. I need to free my family so that we can be more available to serve...to be able to hear God's direction more clearly. I'm sure I've missed opportunities that God has whispered to me just because I'm overwhelmed with cleaning, running, doing...that's what being disorganized does...it steals your time from God. I sincerely struggle with adult ADD with menopause thrown in...I just have to work harder to overcome my weak areas that comes so much easier to both my sisters. They somehow skipped the disorganized gene...also the fat cell gene but that's for another blog!

I believe God is directing me to purge in all areas of my life. And, if Whitney knows any of this....she is smiling because she was an organized neat freak who always fussed at my closets....

Purging...It's a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's a great idea. I've been feeling the same urge. Thanks for sharing. You write beautifully, even about disorder!

    ReplyDelete